Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Crookston rest day

Crookston, MN
92 miles

Yesterday was another ride along Highway 2. Me and my fellow riders have decided that Highway 2 is EVIL. Pure evil. I got stung by a bee for the first time and my second flat yesterday. Others didn't fare well, either- the girl I rode with got 4 flats and a slashed tire. Collectively, our group got 17 flats in one day. The road is not good for riding bikes, but there isn't really another alternative- this part of the country has very minimal infrastructure. And so we will continue along, using extra caution...

Since today is our day off and I wanted to flex my creativity muscles-- not to mention I had an old tube lying around-- I did a craft! In honor of the upcoming Bike & Build prom, I found some fake flowers and made a corsage and boutonnière. I think my date as I will look dashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment