Sunday, July 15, 2012

Recovery

Grayslake, IL
50 miles

The best way to recover from riding 100 miles the day before is to have a breakfast of CHAMPIONS! Some of the group went to Chicago's delicious eatery, Yolk, where we feasted on avocado omelets and pancakes galore. I would have taken a picture of my sundried tomato and pesto frittata, but I had already devoured it before I remembered my camera.

We then did some urban riding through Chicago (so many potholes!) and played around on the Northwestern University campus. I love looking at college campuses because they feel like little cities. I love seeing how the spatial elements of the campus shape the student experience. It's so interesting how colleges are like planned communities, with housing and buildings and other infrastructure. It reminded me of how much I would love to be a campus planner some day, largely because I identify strongly as both a student and urban planner.

We finally reached our destination in 90 degree heat. Bike & Build alumni of years past greeted us at the host site, armed with smiles, cold water and frozen Snickers bars. Yum. I guess all Bike & Builders know the best way to someone's heart is through their stomach...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've enjoyed another town Debs! Too bad we couldn't see what that FABULOUS sounding frittata looked. Glad you happily devoured it! You've MORE than earned it. Love you♥

    ReplyDelete