Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bike & Build disco party!

Today was great! We started off with Safety School, which I passed with flying colors. Watch out, USA, this girl knows her hand signals, how to make sharp turns, and how to fix a flat. Bike & Build has a saying that "safety is sexy"....and they take it seriously.

After Safety School, we went on a nice ride through a wildlife reserve. Unfortunately, we didn't see any crazy bears or mooses...moosi...moose. Today was my first time on my bike since I got stitches and it felt great! It was also reassuring that I was riding with the first half of the pack. However, I make no promises for the longer rides.

Tonight was awesome! The Portsmouth Habitat for Humanity chapter threw us a big party in their Re-Store, which is actually an old school roller rink. We had pizza, played lazer tag, capture the flag, danced our feet off, and celebrated birthdays. It was such an enjoyable night and really great to meet the people affiliated with Habitat. The night was topped of with ice cream cake, a photo booth and disco lights!

But honestly, the best part was hanging out with the locals. People are so hospitable, it's incredible. I'm so amazed by how generous people are, donating food, money, time, etc to our ride. Looking forward to giving back to the Portsmouth community with our first build day!

1 comment: