Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Here we go!

There's so much to take in- graduation, goodbyes, new beginnings. The real-ness of Bike & Build is beginning to set in. After months, it's here!

I seem to live my life in constant motion. I'm always jumping from one thing to the next. It's not that I get bored or need to be constantly entertained, there's just so much in the world that I want to be a part of. In the last year alone, I went to Honduras and Israel, lived in Washington DC, graduated from college, and now--am biking across the USA. I feel so blessed for all these amazing opportunities.

It's strange that I think of this trip- one of constant pedaling and construction- as slowing down. But I think that hours upon hours in the saddle allows for deep reflecting. To make the first of many bike metaphors, I think of my new rear reflector and bike light, given to me by someone very special. In many ways, this ride will offer me just that- reflection and vision into the future. I hope to reflect on who I've become during my college years, and who I hope to be as I begin this next chapter of my life.

When I graduated from high school, I was privileged in that going to college was never given a second thought. But now, college over, I find myself taking these next steps on my own, with no predetermined path laid out for me. It's scary and thrilling.

I'm so excited to be spending my first moments as a college graduate doing something as meaningful as Bike & Build. I'm so grateful for all the love and support from family and friends. I couldn't be doing this without you all!

-debs

No comments:

Post a Comment